Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Crafty Beginning....

My Husband: Babe you need a hobby.
Me: Why?
My Husband: I have a lot of different hobbies and you have none. 
Me: I don't care.
My Husband: Seriously babe, get a hobby!

This was the conversation that took place about five years ago and started me off in a life of addiction. Addiction to paper...paper...and more paper - not to mention paper embellishments, ribbon, a Cricut, Cricut Cartridges, and numerous bottles of glue and glue sticks for my glue gun and so much more (let's not even get into the fact that I should get a "Best Customer" award from Michaels and Joann's for the numerous hours, trips, and money I have spent at both of these stores over the last few years). That conversation is also what started me out participating in boutiques and causing my house to look like a tornado of paper ran through it in the weeks leading up to these boutiques. Luckily, all of my husbands hobbies are kept in the garage which leaves in our new house leaves the spare room to hold all of my piles of craft crap (as my bff Rose likes to call it).

I am not really into scrapbooking but I love me some paper crafts. This addiction hobby started out with buying a few books of fun paper, a few composition books, and a few embellishments to make some journals for my small group girls that I led back then. I then entered into the card making world which of course needed a few more books of fun paper, a few more embellishments, and a few stamps. After my friend saw what I had made she told me I should sell them at her mom's home boutique and so the first paper tornado ran a muck through my dining room and trickled into my living room for a few weeks until it was boutique day.

I have done boutiques for the last few years now trying to add new things every year. It is fun, messy, and time consuming but I love love love it! It doesn't hurt that I can make some extra money selling things that I have fun making.

This year I have taken a chance and sent in my application to participate in a larger venue boutique at a hotel. I have been wanting to do it for some time now but just haven't, so this year is it!! I aslo have a few home boutiques scheduled as well, so - with that, I have decided to join the big leagues! I have ordered some cute little business cards from Vista Print and decided to start a blog about all things crafty and addicting :) Paper Savvy Crafts is going big lol!

Thanks for checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment